Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 499 and get 20% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 23% off
- Availability: Confirm prior to ordering
- Branding: minimum 50 pieces (add’l costs below)
- Check Freight Rates (branded products only)
Karakitsos and Varnavides bring together their wealth of experience in shipping, finance and academia to make a number of key contributions to the study of maritime economics including:
• Viewing Freight rates as asset prices determined as a bargaining game between charterers and owners who form expectations of future demand and supply to create a dynamic analysis of freight rates.
• Theorising ships as assets, where prices are determined by demand and supply.
• Explaining how the demand for vessels is derived as a dynamic problem of fleet capacity expansion.
• Integrating the supply and the expectations approaches to shipping cycles.
• Explaining how shipping cycles are caused by business cycles and expectations in demand by integrating maritime economics with macroeconomics.
Maritime Economics: A Macroeconomic Approach is divided into three distinct parts; Part I analyses the micro-foundations of maritime economics, by deriving the demand and supply functions in the freight (spot and period), shipyard, second-hand and scrap markets. Part II reviews the efficiency of shipping markets and the theory of business and shipping cycles. Part III analyses the financialisation of shipping markets, the constraints of ship finance, the interaction between business and shipping cycles, and offers a case study of how decisions should be taken.
This key text is indispensable reading for advanced undergraduate students studying maritime economics or shipping degrees as well as for professionals working in the shipping industry or in the financial sector.
Branding Options (v), Availability & Lead Times
- 1-Color Imprint: $1.00 ea.
- Promo-Page Insert: $2.00 ea. (full-color printed, single-sided page)
- Belly-Band Wrap: $2.00 ea. (full-color printed)
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
- Availability: Product availability changes daily, so please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order.
- Branded Products: allow 10 business days from proof approval for production. Branding options may be limited or unavailable based on product design or cover artwork.
- Unbranded Products: allow 3-5 business days for shipping. All Unbranded items receive FREE ground shipping in the US. Inquire for international shipping.