- Performing Arts
- Film & Video
- Voyages of Discovery (The Cinema of Frederick Wiseman)
Voyages of Discovery (The Cinema of Frederick Wiseman)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 499 and get 20% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 23% off
|Expected release date is May 16th 2023|
- Availability: Confirm prior to ordering
- Branding: minimum 50 pieces (add’l costs below)
- Check Freight Rates (branded products only)
Branding Options (v), Availability & Lead Times
- 1-Color Imprint: $2.00 ea.
- Promo-Page Insert: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed, single-sided page)
- Belly-Band Wrap: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed)
- Set-Up Charge: $45 per decoration
- Availability: Product availability changes daily, so please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order.
- Branded Products: allow 10 business days from proof approval for production. Branding options may be limited or unavailable based on product design or cover artwork.
- Unbranded Products: allow 3-5 business days for shipping. All Unbranded items receive FREE ground shipping in the US. Inquire for international shipping.
- RETURNS/CANCELLATIONS: All orders, branded or unbranded, are NON-CANCELLABLE and NON-RETURNABLE once a purchase order has been received.
Frederick Wiseman is America’s foremost chronicler of public institutions. His films have focused on city, state, and local governments; hospitals; asylums; creative organizations and museums; schools; libraries; and more. In recent years, Wiseman’s work has reached a new level of popularity, with films such as In Jackson Heights (2015), Monrovia, Indiana (2018), and City Hall (2020) all earning widespread acclaim.
Voyages of Discovery is the definitive account of Wiseman’s career, offering a comprehensive analysis of the work of the leading documentary filmmaker in the United States. In this updated edition, Barry Keith Grant adds new material exploring the documentarian’s works since the 1990s, discussing every film in Wiseman’s remarkable sixty-year career. He examines the core concerns running across Wiseman’s work from the early films, which focus on documenting institutional failure, through an expanding interest in cultural institutions and ideology, to a blossoming embrace of democracy in later films. He pays particular attention to Wiseman’s strategies for involving and implicating the spectator in the institutional processes the films document. Grant also places Wiseman within the history of the documentary and other traditions of American art and considers the relationship between documentary film and authorship. Voyages of Discovery is an important book for anyone interested in Wiseman’s work or how documentary film can reveal the fabric of our shared civic life.
Customers also viewed
Author:Barry Keith GrantFormat:HardcoverPages:400Publisher:Columbia University Press (May 9, 2023)Release Date:May 16, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:General/tradeISBN-13:9780231206228ISBN-10:0231206224Dimensions:6" x 9"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230315160922-20230315.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$140.00Series:NonfictionsAs low as:$107.80Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:A
Author:Michael ZrydFormat:PaperbackPages:328Publisher:Columbia University Press (May 9, 2023)Release Date:May 9, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:Professional and scholarlyISBN-13:9780231201575ISBN-10:0231201575Dimensions:6.12" x 9.25"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230322161043-20230322.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$35.00Series:Film and Culture SeriesAs low as:$26.95Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:ACase Pack:32
Author:Michael ZrydFormat:HardcoverPages:328Publisher:Columbia University Press (May 9, 2023)Release Date:May 9, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:Professional and scholarlyISBN-13:9780231201568ISBN-10:0231201567Dimensions:6.12" x 9.25"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230308160748-20230308.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$140.00Series:Film and Culture SeriesAs low as:$107.80Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:A
Author:Ethan WarrenFormat:PaperbackPages:256Publisher:Columbia University Press (April 25, 2023)Release Date:April 25, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:General/tradeISBN-13:9780231204590ISBN-10:0231204590Dimensions:6.12" x 9.25"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230322161043-20230322.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$30.00Series:Directors' CutsAs low as:$23.10Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:ACase Pack:44
Author:Timothy ThibodeauFormat:PaperbackPages:168Publisher:Columbia University Press (February 12, 2010)Language:EnglishAudience:Professional and scholarlyISBN-13:9780231141819ISBN-10:0231141815Weight:8ozDimensions:6" x 9"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230215161035-20230216.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$26.00Series:Records of Western Civilization SeriesCase Pack:44As low as:$20.02Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:A