- Business & Economics
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family
The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 499 and get 20% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 23% off
- Availability: Confirm prior to ordering
- Branding: minimum 50 pieces (add’l costs below)
- Check Freight Rates (branded products only)
Branding Options (v), Availability & Lead Times
- 1-Color Imprint: $2.00 ea.
- Promo-Page Insert: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed, single-sided page)
- Belly-Band Wrap: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed)
- Set-Up Charge: $45 per decoration
- Availability: Product availability changes daily, so please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order.
- Branded Products: allow 10 business days from proof approval for production. Branding options may be limited or unavailable based on product design or cover artwork.
- Unbranded Products: allow 3-5 business days for shipping. All Unbranded items receive FREE ground shipping in the US. Inquire for international shipping.
- RETURNS/CANCELLATIONS: All orders, branded or unbranded, are NON-CANCELLABLE and NON-RETURNABLE once a purchase order has been received.
"An extremely useful parenting handbook...
truly outstanding ... strongly recommended."
--Library Journal (starred review)
"A tremendous resource for parents and professionals alike."
--Thomas Atwood, president and CEO, National Council for Adoption
The adoption of a child is always a joyous moment in the life of a family. Some adoptions, though, present unique challenges. Welcoming these children into your family--and addressing their special needs--requires care, consideration, and compassion.
Written by two research psychologists specializing in adoption and attachment, The Connected Child will help you:
- Build bonds of affection and trust with your adopted child
- Effectively deal with any learning or behavioral disorders
- Discipline your child with love without making him or her feel threatened
"A must-read not only for adoptive parents, but for all families striving to correct and connect with their children."
--Carol S. Kranowitz, author of The Out-of-Sync Child
"Drs. Purvis and Cross have thrown a life preserver not only to those just entering uncharted waters, but also to those struggling to stay afloat."
--Kathleen E. Morris, editor of S. I. Focus magazine
"Truly an exceptional, innovative work . . . compassionate, accessible, and founded on a breadth of scientific knowledge and clinical expertise."
--Susan Livingston Smith, program director, Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute
"The Connected Child is the literary equivalent of an airline oxygen mask and instructions: place the mask over your own face first, then over the nose of your child. This book first assists the parent, saying, in effect, 'Calm down, you're not the first mom or dad in the world to face this hurdle, breathe deeply, then follow these simple steps.' The sense of not facing these issues alone--the relief that your child's behavior is not off the charts--is hugely comforting. Other children have behaved this way; other parents have responded thusly; welcome to the community of therapeutic and joyful adoptive families."
--Melissa Fay Greene, author of There is No Me Without You: One Woman's Odyssey to Rescue Africa's Children
Customers also viewed
Author:Sandra Boynton, Sandra BoyntonFormat:Board BookPages:24Publisher:Boynton Bookworks (January 3, 2023)Language:EnglishAge Range:0 to 5Grade Level:Preschool to KindergartenISBN-13:9781665925051ISBN-10:1665925051Weight:8ozDimensions:5.6875" x 6.25" x 0.7"File:Eloquence-Simon_03262023_152542_onix21-20230326.xmlFolder:EloquenceList Price:$7.99Series:Boynton on BoardCase Pack:52As low as:$6.15Publisher Identifier:P-SSDiscount Code:A
Author:Jackie KietzFormat:PaperbackPages:288Publisher:Global Book Sales (November 19, 2020)Language:EnglishAudience:General/tradeISBN-13:9781780667003ISBN-10:1780667000Dimensions:6.1" x 9.21"File:CONSORTIUM-Consortium_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230103212036-20230103.xmlFolder:CONSORTIUMList Price:$20.00Series:Let's talk about...Case Pack:20As low as:$15.40Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:A
Author:Amelia Christie-MillerFormat:HardcoverPages:192Publisher:Octopus Books (August 1, 2023)Release Date:August 1, 2023Language:EnglishISBN-13:9781804190821ISBN-10:1804190829Dimensions:7.5" x 9.75"File:hbgusa-hbgusa_onix21_P5935520_02272023_Complete-20230227.xmlFolder:hbgusaList Price:$26.99Case Pack:10As low as:$20.78Publisher Identifier:P-HACHDiscount Code:A
Author:Amita Sethi TanviFormat:HardcoverPages:200Publisher:Alpha Science International (November 30, 2022)Language:EnglishISBN-13:9788184876963ISBN-10:8184876963Dimensions:6.3" x 9.45"File:Eloquence-IPG_03182023_P5989751_onix21-20230318.xmlFolder:EloquenceList Price:$66.00As low as:$59.40Publisher Identifier:P-IPGDiscount Code:GRelease Date:March 31, 2023
Author:Peter Gray, Gary LisbonFormat:HardcoverPages:176Publisher:Triumph Books (June 13, 2023)Release Date:June 13, 2023Language:EnglishISBN-13:9781637271957ISBN-10:1637271956Dimensions:10" x 10"File:Eloquence-IPG_03042023_P5953503_onix21-20230304.xmlFolder:EloquenceList Price:$35.00Case Pack:20As low as:$26.95Publisher Identifier:P-IPGDiscount Code:B