- Business & Economics
- Keeping Autonomous Driving Alive (An Ethnography of Visions, Masculinity and Fragility)
Keeping Autonomous Driving Alive (An Ethnography of Visions, Masculinity and Fragility)
List Price: $35.00
Bulk Discounts for Keeping Autonomous Driving Alive (An Ethnography of Visions, Masculinity and Fragility)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 499 and get 20% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 23% off
- Availability: Confirm prior to ordering
- Branding: minimum 50 pieces (add’l costs below)
- Check Freight Rates (branded products only)
Branding Options (v), Availability & Lead Times
- 1-Color Imprint: $2.00 ea.
- Promo-Page Insert: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed, single-sided page)
- Belly-Band Wrap: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed)
- Set-Up Charge: $45 per decoration
- Availability: Product availability changes daily, so please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order.
- Branded Products: allow 10 business days from proof approval for production. Branding options may be limited or unavailable based on product design or cover artwork.
- Unbranded Products: allow 3-5 business days for shipping. All Unbranded items receive FREE ground shipping in the US. Inquire for international shipping.
- RETURNS/CANCELLATIONS: All orders, branded or unbranded, are NON-CANCELLABLE and NON-RETURNABLE once a purchase order has been received.
Verlag Barbara Budrich (April 20, 2020)
5.83" x 8.27" x 0.39"
As low as:
In Keeping Autonomous Driving Alive, Göde Both studies the relationships between researchers and artifacts held together by contested visions. Drawing on ethnographic fieldwork in a pioneering research project in Germany, he argues that we can make sense of technological visions only if we simultaneously grasp the role of care, gender, and narrative in sustaining technological research. Both investigates the ambivalence and fragility of technological visions, video demonstrations, and street trials in the hands of researchers invested in self-driving cars. He provides scholars within the fields of robotics, artificial intelligence, and automotive engineering with a means of reflecting on their involvement in self-driving cars, and offers automotive journalists a unique perspective on the present realities of a futuristic technology.