- Performing Arts
- Film & Video
- Hollis Frampton (Navigating the Infinite Cinema)
Hollis Frampton (Navigating the Infinite Cinema)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 499 and get 20% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 23% off
|Expected release date is May 9th 2023|
- Availability: Confirm prior to ordering
- Branding: minimum 50 pieces (add’l costs below)
- Check Freight Rates (branded products only)
Branding Options (v), Availability & Lead Times
- 1-Color Imprint: $2.00 ea.
- Promo-Page Insert: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed, single-sided page)
- Belly-Band Wrap: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed)
- Set-Up Charge: $45 per decoration
- Availability: Product availability changes daily, so please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order.
- Branded Products: allow 10 business days from proof approval for production. Branding options may be limited or unavailable based on product design or cover artwork.
- Unbranded Products: allow 3-5 business days for shipping. All Unbranded items receive FREE ground shipping in the US. Inquire for international shipping.
- RETURNS/CANCELLATIONS: All orders, branded or unbranded, are NON-CANCELLABLE and NON-RETURNABLE once a purchase order has been received.
Hollis Frampton was an American filmmaker, photographer, and theorist who bridged the experimental film and contemporary art worlds in the 1960s and 1970s. Best known for avant-garde films including Zorns Lemma (1970) and (nostalgia) (1971), Frampton spent his later years working on the unfinished epic Magellan, a monumental cycle that used the metaphor of Ferdinand Magellan’s circumnavigation of the world to rethink the natures and meanings of history, modernity, and cinema. Frampton’s career was cut short by cancer at age 48, with his vast ambitions for the project left incomplete.
This book is a groundbreaking and comprehensive account of this remarkable figure’s work in its totality, from Frampton’s earliest films through Magellan. Michael Zryd explores the connections linking Frampton’s art and thought to other media forms, histories, and cultural frameworks. He foregrounds Frampton’s notion of the “infinite cinema,” which redefined the parameters of the medium to encompass all forms of moving image and sound media across the past and future of cinematic possibility. Zryd analyzes Frampton’s ambivalent relationship with modernism and the Enlightenment, showing how the artist navigated between attraction to radical artistic investigation and awareness of this tradition’s implication in colonialism and other oppressive power structures. Shedding new light on Frampton’s project of exploring and critiquing how cinema attempts to capture and understand the world, this book also considers his significance for contemporary art.
Customers also viewed
Author:Barry Keith GrantFormat:HardcoverPages:400Publisher:Columbia University Press (May 9, 2023)Release Date:May 16, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:General/tradeISBN-13:9780231206228ISBN-10:0231206224Dimensions:6" x 9"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230315160922-20230315.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$140.00Series:NonfictionsAs low as:$107.80Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:A
Author:Barry Keith GrantFormat:PaperbackPages:400Publisher:Columbia University Press (May 9, 2023)Release Date:May 16, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:General/tradeISBN-13:9780231206235ISBN-10:0231206232Dimensions:6" x 9"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230322161043-20230322.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$35.00Series:NonfictionsAs low as:$26.95Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:ACase Pack:32
Author:Michael ZrydFormat:PaperbackPages:328Publisher:Columbia University Press (May 9, 2023)Release Date:May 9, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:Professional and scholarlyISBN-13:9780231201575ISBN-10:0231201575Dimensions:6.12" x 9.25"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230322161043-20230322.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$35.00Series:Film and Culture SeriesAs low as:$26.95Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:ACase Pack:32
Author:Ethan WarrenFormat:PaperbackPages:256Publisher:Columbia University Press (April 25, 2023)Release Date:April 25, 2023Language:EnglishAudience:General/tradeISBN-13:9780231204590ISBN-10:0231204590Dimensions:6.12" x 9.25"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230322161043-20230322.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$30.00Series:Directors' CutsAs low as:$23.10Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:ACase Pack:44
Author:Timothy ThibodeauFormat:PaperbackPages:168Publisher:Columbia University Press (February 12, 2010)Language:EnglishAudience:Professional and scholarlyISBN-13:9780231141819ISBN-10:0231141815Weight:8ozDimensions:6" x 9"File:TWO RIVERS-PERSEUS-Metadata_Only_Perseus_Distribution_Customer_Group_Metadata_20230215161035-20230216.xmlFolder:TWO RIVERSList Price:$26.00Series:Records of Western Civilization SeriesCase Pack:44As low as:$20.02Publisher Identifier:P-PERDiscount Code:A