Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 499 and get 20% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 23% off
- Availability: Confirm prior to ordering
- Branding: minimum 50 pieces (add’l costs below)
- Check Freight Rates (branded products only)
Branding Options (v), Availability & Lead Times
- 1-Color Imprint: $2.00 ea.
- Promo-Page Insert: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed, single-sided page)
- Belly-Band Wrap: $2.50 ea. (full-color printed)
- Set-Up Charge: $45 per decoration
- Availability: Product availability changes daily, so please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order.
- Branded Products: allow 10 business days from proof approval for production. Branding options may be limited or unavailable based on product design or cover artwork.
- Unbranded Products: allow 3-5 business days for shipping. All Unbranded items receive FREE ground shipping in the US. Inquire for international shipping.
- RETURNS/CANCELLATIONS: All orders, branded or unbranded, are NON-CANCELLABLE and NON-RETURNABLE once a purchase order has been received.
Revised and updated for Elixir 1.7, Elixir in Action, Second Edition teaches you how to apply Elixir to practical problems associated with scalability, fault tolerance, and high availability. Along the way, you'll develop an appreciation for, and considerable skill in, a functional and concurrent style of programming.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
When you're building mission-critical software, fault tolerance matters. The Elixir programming language delivers fast, reliable applications, whether you're building a large-scale distributed system, a set of backend services, or a simple web app. And Elixir's elegant syntax and functional programming mindset make your software easy to write, read, and maintain.
About the Book
Elixir in Action, Second Edition teaches you how to build production-quality distributed applications using the Elixir programming language. Author Saša Jurić introduces this powerful language using examples that highlight the benefits of Elixir's functional and concurrent programming. You'll discover how the OTP framework can radically reduce tedious low-level coding tasks. You'll also explore practical approaches to concurrency as you learn to distribute a production system over multiple machines.
- Updated for Elixir 1.7
- Functional and concurrent programming
- Introduction to distributed system design
- Creating deployable releases
About the Reader
You'll need intermediate skills with client/server applications and a language like Java, C#, or Ruby. No previous experience with Elixir required.
About the Author
Saša Jurić is a developer with extensive experience using Elixir and Erlang in complex server-side systems.
Table of Contents
- First steps
- Building blocks
- Control flow
- Data abstractions
- Concurrency primitives
- Generic server processes
- Building a concurrent system
- Fault-tolerance basics
- Isolating error effects
- Beyond GenServer
- Working with components
- Building a distributed system
- Running the system