Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
In 1812, a 67-year-old black United Empire Loyalist named Richard Pierpoint helped raise "a corps of Coloured Men to stand and fight together" against the Americans who were threatening to invade the tiny British colony of Upper Canada.
Pierpoint's unique fighting unit would not only see service throughout the War of 1812, it would also be the first colonial military unit reactiviated to quash the Rebellion of 1837. It would go on to serve as a police force, keeping the peace among the competing Irish immigrant gangs during the construction of the Welland Canal.
Pierpoint and the Coloured Corps are the central focus, but the sidebars featuring fascinating facts about the rise and fall of slavery in North America and the state of African-Canadians in early Canada provide an entertaining and informative supplement. Among other tidbits, readers will find out why "Good Queen Bess" launched the British slave industry and how Scottish pineapples are connected to the American Declaration of Independence.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.