Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
In the 1,600 years that have elapsed since the arrival of Indian Buddhism in China during the Han and Jin dynasties, Buddhist monks and scholars have integrated the essence of Zen Buddhist thought with the classical forms of Chinese literature to create over 30,000 simple, lively poems of deep moral significance. Their authors convey an understanding of Zen, of its practice, or of the knowledge gained through meditation, they promote its philosophical principles and display its interest. The poems are widely known, long lived and much loved.
Professor Wu Yansheng has selected 66 classic poems by 54 historical scholars or monks ranging from Tao Yuanming (365–427), Han Shan (7th and 8th centuries), Wang Wei (701–761), to Xu Yun (1840–1959). He provides insights and a detailed introduction to the author of each poem in the hope of guiding the reader towards the realms of Zen and its poetry.
These poems represent the highest achievement of Zen poetry. The single qualification for inclusion has been depth of feeling and understanding. Each poem indicates a realm where the duality of opposites has been transcended to achieve spiritual harmony. It shows the way to release and spiritual freedom. It shows a garden of peace of mind that brings restlessness to an end.
In opening this book, the reader will…
- Visit the depths of the realms of Zen and poetry, of life and awakening and of the wisdom of the East.
- Enter the spiritual world of the enlightened and together with the great Masters enjoy the tranquillity, purity, and ethereal nature of life.
- Dispel anxiety, purify the soul and live poetically in the world.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.