Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
Reactive Web Applications teaches web developers how to benefit from the reactive application architecture and presents hands-on examples using the Play framework.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Reactive applications build on top of components that communicate asynchronously as they react to user and system events. As a result, they become scalable, responsive, and fault-tolerant. Java and Scala developers can use the Play Framework and the Akka concurrency toolkit to easily implement reactive applications without building everything from scratch.
About the Book
Reactive Web Applications teaches web developers how to benefit from the reactive application architecture and presents hands-on examples using Play, Akka, Scala, and Reactive Streams. This book starts by laying out the fundamentals required for writing functional and asynchronous applications and quickly introduces Play as a framework to handle the plumbing of your application. The book alternates between chapters that introduce reactive ideas (asynchronous programming with futures and actors, managing distributed state with CQRS) and practical examples that show you how to build these ideas into your applications.
- Reactive application architecture
- Basics of Play and Akka
- Examples in Scala
- Functional and asynchronous programming
About Reader Description
For readers comfortable programming with a higher-level language such as Java or C#, and who can read Scala code. No experience with Play or Akka needed.
About the Author
Manuel Bernhardt is a passionate engineer, author, and speaker. As a consultant, he guides companies through the technological and organizational transformation to distributed computing.
Table of Contents
- Did you say reactive?
- Your first reactive web application
- Functional programming primer
- Quick introduction to Play
- Dealing with state
- Responsive user interfaces
- Reactive Streams
- Deploying reactive Play applications
- Testing reactive web applications
PART 1 GETTING STARTED WITH REACTIVE WEB APPLICATIONS
PART 2 CORE CONCEPTS
PART 3 ADVANCED TOPICS
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.