- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
Pierre Gouthière: Virtuoso Gilder at the French Court celebrates the life of Pierre Gouthière (1732-1813), considered to be one of the best Parisian bronze chasers and gilders of the eighteenth-century. Gouthière became gilder to Louis XV in 1767, and is credited with inventing a new type of gilding that left a matte finishdorure au matone of the hallmarks of his work. Although incredibly successful in his day, Gouthière died in relative obscurity and poverty; unlike some of his contemporaries his works never regained popularity after the French Revolution.
The inclusion of detailed entries and plates of forty-nine works positively attributed to Gouthière, five essays by leading experts that examine Gouthière's life, career, clientele, and gilding techniques, as well as examples of his work from American, Polish, Portuguese, French, and British collections, ensure that this beautiful volume is an invaluable new resource on Gouthière. The only other volume on this master was published in 1912, and is now long out of print.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration