Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
From foundation to finish, a wealth of information is available on sustainable construction methodsentire volumes have been published on individual green and natural building techniques. But with so many different ideas to choose from, there is no single resource that allows an owner or builder to quickly and objectively compare the merits of each system for their particular project.
Making Better Buildings cuts through the hype and provides the unvarnished facts about the upsides and downsides of the most widely discussed materials and technologies. Drawing on the real-world experiences of designer/builders, this comparative guide systematically and comprehensively examines each approach in terms of:
- Cost, sourcing, availability, labor intensity, and ease of construction
- Energy efficiency, embodied energy, and environmental impacts
Each chapter is rounded out by a chart which summarizes the material in a quick and accessible manner.
Whether you are an owner preparing to build a green or natural home or a conventional contractor determined to integrate sustainable alternatives into your existing construction practices, this up-to-the minute resource will help you make the best decisions for your project while meeting your energy, efficiency, budgetary, and site-specific needs.
Chris Magwood and Jen Feigin are sustainable builders and designers specializing in green and natural building techniques, and are the founders and directors of the Endeavour Centre for Innovative Building and Living. Chris is also the author of three previous books on sustainable building, including Straw Bale Details and More Straw Bale Building.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.