Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
Why are so many kids (and adults) like you bored by science? Simple: you’ve had no real contact with it. You might read about incredibly expensive scientific projects, but your hands-on experience is probably limited to the same tired experiments—like baking soda and vinegar "volcanoes." Not any longer. Make Magazine’s "Punk Science" issue (volume 31) shows you how you can become a real, cutting-edge amateur scientist.
Find out how high school and college students can get an introduction to modern biology research through affordable biotech labs provided by Otyp, a small Michigan-based biotechnology company. And learn how a cooperative network of schools and research groups, called PEER, enables students to learn science by working on real projects with people in the field—including the DECA (Distributed Electronic Cosmic-Ray) Observatory that uses Android phones to generate a real-time cosmic-ray flux map of a large area.
This issue also shows you how to create these fascinating projects on your own:
- RoboRoach—Surgically modify a cockroach with a wireless electronic circuit so that you can control it to turn left or right by micro-stimulating its antenna nerves.
- Lord Kelvin’s Thunderstorm—a little-known, classic science experiment that generates high-voltage "lightning" sparks by dripping water through metal rings.
- An automatic Ball/Toy Launcher for Dogs that will keep your pet entertained and exercised while you’re away.
- A True Mirror, which shows what you look like to other people.
Pick up a copy of Make today and get involved with real science.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.