Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
iOS Development with Swift is a hands-on guide to creating apps for iPhone and iPad using the Swift language. Inside, you'll be guided through every step of the process for building an app, from first idea to App Store. This book fully covers Swift 4, Xcode 9, and iOS 1.
Our video course, iOS Development with Swift in Motion, is the perfect companion to this book, featuring even more projects and examples for you to dig into in the exciting world of iOS development. Find out more at our website: www.manning.com/livevideo/ios-development-with-swift-lv
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
One billion iPhone users are waiting for the next amazing app. It's time for you to build it! Apple's Swift language makes iOS development easier than ever, offering modern language features, seamless integration with all iOS libraries, and the top-notch Xcode development environment. And with this book, you'll get started fast.
About the Book
iOS Development with Swift is a hands-on guide to creating iOS apps. It takes you through the experience of building an app—from idea to App Store. After setting up your dev environment, you'll learn the basics by experimenting in Swift playgrounds. Then you'll build a simple app layout, adding features like animations and UI widgets. Along the way, you'll retrieve, format, and display data; interact with the camera and other device features; and touch on cloud and networking basics.
- Create adaptive layouts
- Store and manage data
- Learn to write and debug Swift code
- Publish to the App Store
- Covers Swift 4, Xcode 9, and iOS 11
About the Reader
Written for intermediate web or mobile developers. No prior experience with Swift assumed.
About the Author
Craig Grummitt is a successful developer, instructor, and mentor. His iOS apps have had over 100,000 downloads combined!
Table of Contents
- Your first iOS application
- Introduction to Swift playgrounds
- Swift objects
- View controllers, views, and outlets
- User interaction
- Adaptive layout
- More adaptive layout
- Keyboard notifications, animation, and scrolling
- Tables and navigation
- Collections, searching, sorting, and tab bars
- Local data persistence
- Data persistence in iCloud
- Graphics and media
- Debugging and testing
- Distributing your app
- What's next?
PART 1 - INTRODUCING XCODE AND SWIFT
PART 2 - BUILDING YOUR INTERFACE
PART 3 - BUILDING YOUR APP
PART 4 - FINALIZING YOUR APP
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.