Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
This remarkable book presents an illustrated view of 2,000 years of head coverings. Over 800 drawings by the author — adapted from rare paintings, sculptures, and illustrations — accurately depict headgear in various aspects, including gender, class, and nationality. Crowns, wigs, tiaras, and helmets appear among the varied forms of headdresses, which include conical leather caps worn by the Danes in 70 B.C.; metal Viking helmets with horns; feathered Flemish berets (1410); petite straw hats, adorned with a rosette and ribbons (1870); handsome English top hats (1957); as well as ecclesiastical regalia, traditional and ethnic styles, and hats and head adornments from far beyond the European shores.
Organized chronologically by century, the fetching drawings appear alongside an interpretive text that documents the development of styles, their changes with the passage of time, and the influences that both created and altered them. Engaging and literate, this valuable reference for designers, art students, and costume historians will also captivate anyone who appreciates the age-old allure of a fine hat.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.