- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
This book focuses on his 2010 site-specific work, Once Upon a Time... screened in a disused church, San Francesco in Como, Italy. For the installation, Haacke projected footage from major Italian television channels onto sections of the original seventeenth century frescoes adorning the church’s apse. These videos were juxtaposed onto the frescoes, filling in the gaps where the originals had faded due to the ravages of time, the artist introduced continuously changing glimpses of Italy’s contemporary corporate culture. Into the missing parts of the frescoes the artist video-projects live TV programs of Rete 4, Italia 1, Canale 5 and the Milan stock exchange data in real time, in order to create a sort of collage made of seventeenth century representations and contemporary video images.
Hans Haacke also exhibited two of his other works in the church, in response to the architecture of San Francesco and its frescos, Wide White Flow 1967 and The Population meets St. Francis. The book juxtaposes Hans Haacke’s writings from San Francesco with speech transcripts from Berlusconi and other essays commenting on his work to provide an overview of the contemporary work of this established artist.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration