Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
CSS in Depth exposes you to a world of CSS techniques that range from clever to mind-blowing. This instantly useful book is packed with creative examples and powerful best practices that will sharpen your technical skills and inspire your sense of design.
Foreword by Chris Coyier, Cofounder of CodePen.
Dig even deeper into the secrets of CSS with our video course CSS in Depth in Motion, available exclusively at Manning.com (www.manning.com/livevideo/css-in-depth-in-motion)!
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Some websites really pop. They look great, they're visually consistent, and they feel interactive and responsive. You can bet their developers knew CSS in depth. CSS specifies everything from the structural layout of page elements to their individual look and feel. True masters know the patterns of CSS development, the techniques to implement them, and the subtle touches that result in beautiful typography, fluid transitions, and balanced graphics. Join them!
About the Book
CSS in Depth exposes you to a world of CSS techniques that range from clever to mind-blowing. This instantly useful book is packed with creative examples and powerful best practices that will sharpen your technical skills and inspire your sense of design. You'll gain new insights into familiar features like floats and units, and experiment with emerging ideas like responsive design and pattern libraries. Bottom line: this book will make you a better web designer and your apps will look fantastic!
- Avoid common CSS pitfalls
- Master misunderstood concepts
- Use flexbox and grid layout
- Responsive designs for any device
- Code for reuse and maintainability
About the Reader
Written for web developers who know the basics of CSS and HTML.
About the Author
Keith J. Grant is a senior web developer who builds and maintains web applications and websites, including The New York Stock Exchange site.
Table of Contents
- Cascade, specificity, and inheritance
- Working with relative units
- Mastering the box model
- Making sense of floats
- Grid layout
- Positioning and stacking contexts
- Responsive design
- Modular CSS
- Pattern libraries
- Backgrounds, shadows, and blend modes
- Contrast, color, and spacing
PART 1 - REVIEWING THE FUNDAMENTALS
PART 2 - MASTERING LAYOUT
PART 3 - CSS AT SCALE
PART 4 - ADVANCED TOPICS
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.