Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
“Becoming an Architect will inspire future architects, career consultants, and human resources professionals alike, providing all the information you’ll need to make intelligent decisions about careers in architecture.” —From the Foreword by Helene Combs Dreiling, FAIA, 2014 AIA National President
Starting a career as an architect is an exciting prospect, but it's important to do your research before you take the plunge. The third edition of Becoming an Architect is an update to the best-selling guide and highlights the risks and rewards on the path to a career as an architect. You'll find new insight and tons of helpful resources, as well as a complete outline of the trajectory of an architect's early career, from higher education through internship and licensure. More than thirty-two new interviews and profiles from architecture students, emerging, and established professionals give the resource a truly personal feel, and help get you acquainted with real-life scenarios from architects from varying backgrounds and specialties.
With a highly accessible approach, this guide provides a complete overview of the profession, including educational requirements, design specialties, registration requirements, and the paths of a career in architecture. Whether you're a high school student, a college undergraduate, a career counselor, or a human resource professional, Becoming an Architect offers much-needed advice and information to anyone interested in career development for architects.
- Covers recent changes to the Intern Development Program (IDP)
- Provides advice on obtaining professional experience while studying to be an architect
- Considers career paths in a myriad of work environments, such as government agencies, education, and research
- Includes helpful appendixes with resources for further information, such as career-related associations, websites, and recommended reading
Obtain a solid introduction to a career as an architect, and plan your own path with the guidance and advice of dozens of others who have already started this process.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.