Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
Barns is your ticket to delving into the fascinating history of these iconic American structures. You'll never see these unique structures the same way again!
Strong-timbered barns are icons of American agriculture, harboring multilayered stories from their floors to their rafters. Barn reveals the compelling history of barns from colonial times, examining how immigrants adapted traditional designs from their home countries to the American landscape.
It guides the reader on a tour of different kinds of barns, showing how construction materials, cultural influences, function, and style have given rise to their extraordinary variety. The reader will also learn about barn preservation, barns in pop culture and mythology, elements of barn style, and barn construction.
Barn is filled with fascinating facts about barns:
- How did barns change with westward expansion?
- Why are barns red?
- What effect did immigration have on styles of barns in America?
- How did barn architecture change according to geography?
- What elements of style emerged on barns?
- Barn idioms abound (e.g., He can't hit the broad side of a barn door!); Where did they come from?
- What is a "poetry barn"?
- and much more!
A comprehensive treatment of barns in the American landscape, this book is rich with fascinating details and beautiful photography. Swing open those big barn doors, and find out why barns continue to embody the heart of the American farm.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.