Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 500 or above and get 16% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 14% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 12% off
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 6% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
This affectionate look at the revered British radio broadcast surveys the history and lore of the four-times daily announcements of weather reports and forecasts for the seas around the coasts of the British Isles. Written from the perspective of an announcer who read the on-air forecast for nearly 40 years, this book begins with the genesis of the forecast itself. This narrative spans from 19th-century inventions of the Beaufort wind scale and Fitzroy's barometer and the founding of the British Meteorological Office to maritime codes, conventions, and traditions and life on the ocean wave. With a look at how technological progress has intervened in the collation, production, and transmission of the Shipping Forecast, this book shows how the broadcasts earned such a deep-rooted place in the audiences' psyche.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page, inquire for additional pages
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.