Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 18% off
- Buy 100 - 249 and get 22% off
- Buy 250 - 499 and get 24% off
- Buy 500 or above and get 26% off
- Prices shown are for Bulk Books (unbranded)
- Minimum to Customize Books: 50 copies
It is crucial for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer youth to know their history. But this history is not easy to find since it's rarely taught in schools or commemorated in other ways. A Queer History of the United States for Young People corrects this and demonstrates that LGBTQ people have long been vital to shaping our understanding of what America is today.
Through engrossing narratives, letters, drawings, poems, and more, the book encourages young readers, of all identities, to feel pride at the accomplishments of the LGBTQ people who came before them and to use history as a guide to the future.The stories he shares include those of
* Thomas Morton, who celebrated same-sex love in Boston's Puritan community in the 1620s.
* Albert D. J. Cashier, an Irish immigrant and Civil War hero, who was assigned female at birth but lived as a man for over a half century.
* Gladys Bentley, an African American blues singer who challenged cross-dressing laws in 1920s Harlem.
* Bayard Rustin, Martin Luther King Jr.'s close friend, civil rights organizer, and an openly gay man.
* Sylvia Rivera, who along with Marsha P. Johnson, founded the first transgender political group in the United States in 1970.
* Harvey Milk, a community organizer and the first openly gay politician to win an election in California.
* Jamie Nabozny, a teen who brought national attention to the issue of LGBTQ bullying by bringing his case to the Supreme Court in the 1990s.
With over 60 illustrations and photos, a glossary, and a corresponding curriculum, A Queer History of the United States for Young People will be vital for teachers who want to introduce a new perspective to America's story.
Customizing Options and Pricing (v)
- Cover Imprint (1-color): $1.00/book
- Promo-Pages (full-color printed): $2.00 / single-sided page
- Belly-Band Wrap (full-color printed): $2.00
- Set-Up Charge: $40 per decoration
Call for higher quantities. Standard turnaround for Customized Books 10 business days from proof approval. Standard turnaround for Bulk Books 3-5 business days. Rush service available. Product availability changes daily. Please confirm your quantity is available prior to placing an order. Customization options may be limited or unavailable based on product design, binding or cover artwork.